1. To select the option you want press the first letter of the option on any
2. To sell a player press T on the team page then watch for approaches from
other teams every week on the offers and negotiations page.
3. To buy players obtain a scout from the employees page on the additional menu
then go to the scouts page on the main menu and set your scouts to look at a
team and player. Then every week look at the offers and negotiations page until
a player appears.
4. Every week check your scouts are still looking at players otherwise it means
they cannot find the player you want in that team.
5. You only have five saves per season. This is displayed as the second
inversed number on the save option. Follow the instructions on saving carefully.
6. To change a player over use the C key on the team page.
7. To change a players field position from eg. a defender to a midfielder use
the F key on the team page
8. The temper rating is an indication as to how hard a player plays. The higher
the temper rating the more chance of injuries or sending offs. The lower the
rating the more chance of being intimidated by the opposition.
9. You cannot have a youth team or do extra training without a coach. Extra
training is only extra training, it is taken during the game that players do
train every week. Which is why sometimes you get injuries during the weekly
news. It is unadvisable to extra train every week.
10. Do not sell too many shares or you may get the sack.
11. The Government charges a 33% tax on player transfers.
12. The gate money is divided equally between the two clubs.
13. The league is calculated every Saturday and not after midweek games.
14. To print out any page press the P or Q key.
15. Goalscorers league only comes up after 20 league games.
16. You cannot run a club in the non-league or abroad, altough they do
participate in the cups.
17. Do not go the directors to ask for money if you already have a lot of money
in your bank account.
18. Insurance is against individual player injuries, so you will be paid his
wages for each week of his injury.
19. Ground improvements are only made once to bring you up to first division
standard. Some clubs in the first and second divisions will have already done
20. European tours are only done at the end of a season if you are in the first
division, between 6th and 17th in the league, and you happen to be asked (which
is rare). European Cups are played during the next season if you qualify. To
qualify for the European Cup you must win the first division, for the UEFA Cup
be in the top 5 in the first division. For the Cup Winners Cup, you have to win
either the league or FA Cup. You can only play in one European Cup per season.
21. If you press play on the menu page and it goes back to the menu, it means
your contract has expired or you have been sacked. You will have to either
re-negotiate your contract with your club, which is on the R key or join another
club, which will be on the offers and negotiation page. Sacking can be for a
variety of reasons :- no money, too few players, bad results, selling too many
shares or anything else the directors feel like.
22. You don't have to play with a full eleven squad. If you have a space in your
team, it assumes you are playing with a zero rated player, who has no selling
value which is why he is not shown.
NOTE: The trick to Football Director II is to be very careful with the clubs
money and build up a good youth team. Try and rely on your youth team for new
players by only buying very occasionally from other clubs.
WARNING: The levels in the game are supposed to move, if you buy far too good
players for your division. Try to work out a system to stay on the easy level
with a reasonably good team (it is possible).
G = Goalkeeper
D = Defender
M = Midfielder
A = Attacker
iL = Internationals
S = Suspended
+- = Current state
* = On loan to you
27 = Goals against
P = Position
PLD = Played
RND = Round
LC = League Cup
FA = FA Cup
LFE = Various cups
# = Injured
L = Loaned out
R = Retiring (or replay on the cup results)
LMTG = League matches to go