1. DRIBBLING - Whilst your player is in possession of the ball, dribbling is
2. PASSING - To pass the ball, use the kick control key (or the FIRE button if
you are using a joystick). The ball will go in the direction you are
3. RECEIVING - To successfully gain possession of the ball you must judge its
path and time your interception so that the ball arrives at your feet.
4. GOALKEEPER - You will automatically gain control over your goalkeeper at the
appropriate time - this is indicated by him crouching. You then have the
option of making a diving save to the left or right by using the
appropriate direction control with 'kick/fire'.
5. SET PIECES - These include corner kicks, centres and goal kicks.
To vary the strength of kick from soft to hard the general rule is;
Press keys/joystick to move your player forwards - gives a hard kick/long
Press joystick to move your player backwards - gives a soft kick/short
The direction of the kick/throw/header can be changed by using the controls
that would normally move the player in that direction as you press the